Saturday, October 4, 2008

It is FAIR!!

We went to the fair tonight!! I love going to the fair, mainly to eat! But this year it was fun to watch Thomas having so much fun. We got there around 5 and met up with Shawna and Daniel, and Shawna's parents and chatted with them for a few minutes. Then we met up with my brother, Chris, and his girlfriend, Sarah. We went and got some beloved fair food. Thomas ate almost all of my corndog. And then we walked over and looked at the animals. He was so excited to see the pigs, goats, cows, and horses!

After looking at the animals we walked around watching people ride rides. It was SO crowded. As we walked by the circus tent we realized that the show was about to start so we decided to check it out. Thomas absolutely LOVED it. He was having such a ball watching the animals, and the acrobats. It was definitely the hit of the night!!

So, this picture to follow is a picture of the Stanhope Elmore display. We were walking by it and Tommy stopped and said "WAIT A MINUTE...I MADE THAT COW!" They are apparently still using the cow that he made his senior year of highschool, nine years ago. That gave us a good laugh!
Our last event of the evening was buying and eating a funnel cake. I can't go to the fair and not eat a funnel cake! This was a big hit with Thomas, too, as you can see by the next pic. I eventually had to hide it from him because he had eaten half of it and that is ALOT of sugar!!!
We got home and as I was getting him ready for bed, he was telling me over and over again about what he saw at the fair. He would start by saying "MOMMA, MOMMA!!" to make sure I was listening closely.

I hope I never forget that look of sheer happiness on his sweet little face!!

3 comments:

Trudy Ingram said...

I am feeling ya about the funnel cake! What is about them? I don't know, but it sure is good!! I bet T was precious at the fair. So much excitement! So much to see! I hope y'all are doing well! Cheerio! haha

Chad said...

Thanks for posting this. It made me smile. I absolutely love going to the fair.

Jody said...

Sounds like fun! So funny about the cow. Guess he did a good job and they still think so!!

I tagged you today. Check out my blog if you'd like to participate!