Sunday, October 12, 2008

Cousins!


So, this past week I kept our Nephew, Jackson (Tommy's sister's son) from Wed until Saturday. Let me start this blog by asking for prayers for Jackson's little sisters, our nieces, Addison and Kylie. They are one year old, they were born premature and have had alot of obstacles to overcome. Addison had surgery on Thursday morning to have a feeding tube put into her little tummy. She had lost 3 pounds so they decided to do this in hopes that she will get the nourishment she needs. The surgery went very well, now she is just recovering. Please keep her in your prayers that this gives her the help she needs! Also, please pray for Kylie. They did an MRI recently on Kylie's eye (which she has had trouble with since birth) and they found something. The doctors from the Childrens Hospital in Birmingham want to do a biopsy. Actually, they have one doctor saying to do the surgery immediately in case it's something bad, and one doctor telling them to wait until Kylie is older and better able to handle the surgery. Myra and Jason have been so stressed out with having to make this decision. They decided to make an appt with a specialist at Vanderbilt to get a third opinion. They get back from Bham with Addison tomorrow, and then they wake up early Monday morning and head to Nashville with Kylie. Please keep that appt in your prayers!! I'll update you when they know what the next step is.



Thomas has enjoyed having Jackson with us this week. I kept them very busy so that they would be plenty tired for a nap everyday ;). Plus, it was good for Jackson to get out and have some fun! So we went to the zoo on Thursday.

(Thomas decided to play in the water by the Otter exibit)
(The African Penguin-the best kept secret at the zoo. They are kind of hidden in the exibit next to the elephants.)
Monday, the sixth, was Jackson's 5th birthday!! And Thomas' birthday is at the end of this month...so as a late bday present to Jackson and early bday present for Thomas we went to build-a-bear in the mall on Friday! They had a blast!! The best part was when the build-a-bear lady asked Jackson how old he was he said with no smile or anything "I'm seven." We said "Um, he's five." and then he asked the lady how old she was and she said "thirty-five." Jackson thought about that and then said "Thirty Five...wow, that's old!" Luckily, the build-a-bear lady had a great sense of humor!!

Jackson made a bear that he named "Teddy Monkey." And Thomas made a monkey that we named "Bo Bo."



I wish I could have gotten more pics of Jackson to post on here, but he's going through a "no pictures please" phase, lol.
It was a fun, but extremely exhausting week!!! Thank you in advance for your prayers for the girls.
Oh and don't forget to check out the other post I posted earlier today (or yesturday I guess, since it's now after midnight!!!).

2 comments:

Jody said...

We will keep the little ones in our prayers.

Build-A-Bear is so much fun. Even for "big kids"!

Trudy Ingram said...

Looks like y'all had a great week! I'll call you later on.
:)