Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Hard Work Paid Off!!

Saturday was Tommy’s graduation. He received a Master of Science in Management degree! I am so proud of the work that he put into this and to see him walk across the stage and get that diploma was just as rewarding for me as it was for him. I am so thankful that God blessed me with such an incredibly talented, hard-working husband.

I’m going to take a little while now and brag on him :).


For those of you who don’t know, Tommy and I met when we were 14 years old. I had just moved to Alabama and I met him at a VBS at Grand View Pines Church of Christ. I’m going to be honest and admit that I had a crush on him from that first time I saw him sitting there all cute and quiet in that classroom with that oh-so-popular bowl cut of his. Soon after he became a good friend of my brothers so he spent a lot of time at our house, so I got to know him pretty well. We spent most of our free time with the GVP youth group, the greatest youth group of all time, but that’s a story for another time! I knew that I wanted to marry Tommy by the time I was 16 years old. I, of course, didn’t tell him that. He would have run away screaming! Who wouldn’t?? But, we finally started officially dating our senior year of high school and have been together ever since (minus a strange three month breakup our freshman year at Faulkner). I love him more with every day that passes by. He’s been a part of my life for so long, and I love every minute we spend together!

Anyone who knows Tommy knows how talented he is. He’s so smart it makes me jealous:). He’s really good at math. He can fix almost anything. And if he can’t the first try, he’ll research it and fix it on his second try. He’s an amazing artist. He denies that, but it’s true. He’s a loyal friend. The most patient man I’ve ever met. He’s the most loving, incredible husband. I can’t even put into words how wonderful he is to me…even when I don’t deserve it. He is the greatest father. My favorite thing in the world is to watch him with Thomas! Most importantly, he is a great Christian man. You can see it in his actions, his speech, and in his respect for others. You can see it in every part of his life. I say all of this to say how blessed I am to have him in my life. He juggled a full-time job, working on his Masters, being married, and having a baby boy, and managed to graduate with a 4.0 GPA!! And through it all he never put his school work before little T or me. Yes, there were stressful moments for us all, but we made it!

I am proud of you, baby!!!











3 comments:

Chad said...

Congratulations to Tommy. Great job and great post.

Kristy said...

Loved the post. I couldn't help but notice how tanned you are in the first pic! I didn't know you could get a tan CL! JK! It's been so long since I've had one, I'm not sure I could get one anymore! :)

Emily said...

Congratulations to Tommy! Also, I used to have the same baseball cap that you are wearing in the first picture with Tommy. It was the only one that would fit my head right, my heads too little!! Also, proudly wore the same L/L t-shirt for years! Funny! Anyway, you have a beautiful family!