Tuesday, May 20, 2008

"I can't, I have rehearsal"

(L'il Abner and Daisy Mae)


It's been a while since I've been here in the blog world, so I've been reading and catching up on what's going on in everyone else's life, and I decided to update you on why I am slacking on the blogging.
For those of you who don't know, I have been cast in "L'il Abner" with the Millbrook Community Players. I am Clementine Scragg. It's a small, but fun roll. What does it mean to be a Scragg? Well...my one line solo from the opening song says it all "cain't get that depressin' and homely unless'n you come from a long line of hags." HA! I even get to do a little choreography which has totally taken me back to the good ole Jamboree days.
It's been a lot of fun so far. We have two more weeks before opening night (Thursday, June 5). We still have quite a ways to go, but I'm hoping it all comes together by then. Whatever happens, it has been a wonderful experience! The cast are all so nice and fun to work with. I'm thankful for the new friends that I have made and for the time with the old friends!
The best part of it has been the quality time I've gotten to spend with my dad and my brother. My dad is playing "Marryin' Sam." Which he portrays perfectly! (he says it's type-casting..hehe). He has some very difficult lyrics to learn but he is doing very well so far. My brother, Chris, is playing "L'il Abner", the title role. The character has come to him with ease, as always! He has had a big year in theater! In the past year he played, Tevye in "Fiddler on the Roof"(amazing performance!), Mushnick in "Little Shop of Horrors", Mr. Beaver in "Narnia", Colonel Mustard in "Clue," and, my personal favorite, Dickon in "The Secret Garden." He has such natural talent!!
Tommy is also involved. He is designing, drawing, and painting the backdrop. Much thanks goes to him and my mom for helping with Thomas while I have rehearsals!
Like I said June 5th is opening night! If you want information on the other dates and tickets check out http://www.millbrooktheatre.com/. Come support us if you can!


My next theatre adventure will be "Once Upon a Matress" with the Faulkner University Dinner Theater! I am so excited that I was cast and am very much looking forward to it!!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Congrats Carol Leah! I will try to make it to a show - not making any promises though!!!! I miss the theatre but it just hasn't seemed like I've had the time. I will in the fall though when I direct the Christmas show in Millbrook!
Break a leg!!!

Emily said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck!

Chad said...

Congrats. It sounds like it is alot of fun.