Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Blast in Orange Beach!

We’re back!! We had such a great time!! I didn’t want to leave, but at the same time it’s good to be home. Here’s a rundown of our daily activities and also the pictures I promised! I’ve italicized the restaurants where we ate because eating was my favorite activity of the trip..lol.

Saturday: We left my parents house at around 12:00. Thomas decided he didn’t want to be in the car so he cried for the first hour. We ended up having to stop twice so we didn’t get to Orange Beach until 4:00. We were all very glad to be out of the car!! We got settled into our room, relaxed for a little while and enjoyed the view from our balcony, and then headed to supper at Cottons, very yummy! After that we went to Target to pick up all of the things that I had forgotten, like baby shampoo. We headed back to the room and put Thomas to bed by 8:30. He slept wonderfully in his pack-n-play that night! After he was settled my mom stayed in the room with Thomas and watched T.V. while Tommy and I went on a walk on the beach. The beach at night: a little scary, but mostly romantic.

Sunday: Thomas slept until 7:45…awesome!! But we had to get up and rush around to get ready for Bible class. We attended Bible class and Worship at Gulf Shores Church of Christ where I saw one of my favorite camp buddies, Bethany Odom! She happened to be in town for a wedding. Thomas apparently did great in Bible class even though we were somewhere different. After church we went to eat at the Shrimp Basket my favorite place to eat when we are at the beach. After that we went back to the room for a nap, where Thomas decided that one night in his pack-n-play was enough for him, so he napped with us on the bed and then slept with us in the bed the rest of the trip. After we woke up we went out to the beach. The weather was PERFECT. The breeze felt great, it wasn’t too hot. The water was so cold, but I couldn’t really get in with T anyway. He LOVED the beach, never fussed one time, even when he fell in the sand. His favorite thing was to look for seashells. After we got back to the room and cleaned up we went to a reception with my mom for her library conference, where we met some other library directors.





Monday: Thomas woke up at 4:30 ready to play. I’m not kidding. That’s why he doesn’t ever sleep with us, but that’s another story. SO he ran around the room for a while, then we got dressed went out to the beach to watch the sunrise. BEAUTIFUL!!! It was a great time to be on the beach because we didn’t have to worry about him getting sunburnt. After that we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant The Gulf Breeze Café. Then it was back to the room to rest for a while..pretty bad when you are taking a nap at 7:30 a.m..lol. As soon as we were well rested we went back out to the beach. Thomas would get so excited. He spent the whole time by the window saying “Bee, bee.” He would have lived out there if he could. ME TOO!!! While we were on the beach we ordered a pizza to be delivered to our room for lunch, we went back in, ate it, took a nap, woke up and went back out to the beach/pool area. After a couple hours we went back to the room got ready for dinner. By this time mom was out of her meetings so she got to go to dinner with us. We went to Sea n Suds to eat. It was wonderful. It was the best atmosphere because it is on a pier so we got to eat outside and enjoy the ocean view. Thomas LOVED it. I've never seen him sit in his highchair for so long. Usually once he's done eating he's ready to be held. But he just sat there enjoying the view! After we got done eating Tommy fed the seagulls which if you’ve ever fed seagulls you know ends up being crazy. (However, I'm glad to report, we did NOT get pooped on, whew!)Thomas was almost jumping out of his arms he was so excited. He said “bir, bir bir”(aka bird) the whole way to the mini golf place (our next stop after dinner). After mini-golf we came back to the hotel, got Thomas in bed and then Tommy and I went and bought Mom a T-shirt as a thank you for letting us go with her, and we brought back some dip n dots to snack on in the room..a wonderful way to end the night.









Tuesday: We did some souvenir shopping. We were going to go to the zoo but decided that T had too much sun as it was. After Mom got out of her meetings we went to eat at Sea n Suds again..we liked it there that much! After that we headed back home. This time T slept the whole way, so we got back at about 3:30. It was a nice trip home!

So, as you can see, we had a wonderful time!! Can’t wait to go back next year. The only thing that we didn’t get to do that we had planned on was go to the movies to see Ben Stein’s Expelled:No Intelligence allowed. So we are going to try to see that this weekend, so I’ll give you a review of that later! I encourage you to read AP's review at http://www.apologeticspress.org/ . Please spread the word about this movie so that it will do well in the theatres.

3 comments:

Chad said...

Looks like you guys had a blast. I love the beach and think I would live there if I could. Thanks for the info about the movie. I had no idea that was there, but I went to AP and will try to make my way to see it.

The Hatfield Family said...

I'm glad ya'll had a good time! I'm a little jealous of the dippin dots though...lol

Trudy Ingram said...

I'm so jealous! I can't wait to go to the beach, but it looks like we wont get to go until July. And by the way,.. not getting pooped on at the beach is a definite plus! (I hate it when that happens!)