

For those of you who don’t know I have a part-time job as a karate instructor in an after school Taekwondo program here in town. I’ve always enjoyed Taekwondo and I enjoy teaching the kids. I go to a school, make sure the kids get on a bus, the bus takes them to the Karate school, they have a snack, do homework, have freetime, and then we have a 40 minute Taekwondo class. I only work two afternoons a week and I get to bring Thomas with me, so it’s perfect! Thomas has a really great time playing with the kids. He already has a great karate kick :).
Lately we have had one problem child. He has been making it miserable for me, honestly. It stinks how you can have a bunch of good kids, but then there is that ONE…and that ONE is the one you remember when you get home. You think how horribly he/she acted and you forget that all of the other kids were really good. I’ve even found myself taking it out on the the other kids and yelling at them when they really didn’t deserve it. It’s frustrating! It wouldn’t be so bad if this child were just hyper or something, but is defiant and he has also been acting violent toward the other kids. I have talked to my instuctor and he’s trying to figure out what to do. He is talking to the kid’s parents and all of that. I hope that they can do something about it. That’s why I haven’t blogged in a while. I’ve been kind of focused on that, among other things.
But all of that being said, I really do love the job. The folks that I work for are wonderful. I enjoy the exercise. It’s just all around a good situation. And it will be even better when we get this one “problem” fixed. So, if you are reading this, if you could just say a little prayer that I can have patience with this one student. He really needs someone to have patience with him. Thanks!
(The first pic at the top is a pic of just a few of my students and the second one is Thomas, kissing himself in the big mirrors :). the mirrors are his favorite thing about the karate school..lol).
4 comments:
Sounds like fun and seems like the perfect job situation. Problem kids...hmmmm... you have to really make yourself focus on being patient and completely taking that "tone" out of your voice when speaking to the others. This is a challenge I have to face everyday. I have some boogers this year. One needs love and one needs a spanking!!! LOL Good luck with your situation and I will say a little prayer for you right now!
Ahhhh. I remember Karate. I took it when I was little. I made it all the way to yellow belt and thought I was the stuff. Ok Ok so I know yellow is the next belt after white, but it quickly turned into baseball season again and I could only do one or the other.
Hey Motherbug! I was telling Lavinia about Thomas' karate kick the other day. I think he has some natural talent!
At least you know little T has good self-confidence. He LOVES himself so much, he kisses his image! :) he's so adorable
Post a Comment