Monday, March 31, 2008

Loss

I had hoped that my next blog was going to be a happy and exciting one, but unfortunately it has not worked out that way. Tommy and I found out over a month ago that we were expecting another baby. We were thrilled, but decided to wait to tell people (other than family) until after our first doc appt. We went in last Tuesday for our first ultra sound and they couldn’t find the heart beat. The baby had stopped growing a couple of weeks before. I would have been ten weeks along. It hit us harder than anything has ever hit us. I can’t even explain the way that it felt to have the lady in that ultra sound room say the three words that any expectant lady prays not hear, “something is wrong.”

It has been a rough week but we have had so many prayers and cards. The encouragement that you receive when you are a Christian can you get you through anything. I can tell already it is going to get us through this.

Having Thomas in our life has really helped Tommy and me. He brings a smile to our face just by walking in the room. He dances around the room and keeps us laughing. It has made me even more thankful for that sweet boy and for my wonderful husband. So while I know I have some sad days ahead of me as I mourn this loss, I can tell that it has already made me stronger.

10 comments:

Kristy said...

No words can express the sympathy I am feeling for the three of you right now. I know you can pull through this because you are one of the strongest people I've ever known. I'm so sad you have to go through this, and if there is anything I can do for you, please call. Much love, thoughts, and prayers ~K~

P.s. Maybe we'll see you this afternoon!? :)

Chad said...

I can't seem to find words to say, but I do feel tears building in my eyes. There are no magic words to make this better so with that I will just say that I love you guys and Teale and I will be praying for you. If either of you feel like you just need to talk to someone, please feel free to email me at jyeilding@adt.com. I know every situation is different, but I feel like I can somewhat understand what you are going through.

Trudy Ingram said...

I'm struggling to find the words to say how sad this makes me. You know that I am here (or there,... whichever works best for you) whenever you need me. You're in our prayers, as you already know, and I'm looking forward to happier days ahead for your little family, because I know God has y'all in His hand. And He's taking care of everything.
Love,
CZJ

Leah said...

I am so sorry. I've been there and it is so very hard. I'll be praying for you guys.

Elizabeth Johnston said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! I will be praying for you and I know that God will give you the strength to get through this! God is so good!!

Teale said...

Carol Leah-
Chad told me of your sad news before I had the chance to read it myself. I know there are no 'right' words to make everything better and make it all okay. Our thoughts and prayers are with you- may you find comfort in knowing you have two beautiful children with whom you will be able to spend an eternity.

Emily said...

I hate that you are having to go through this! I am praying for you all! If you need anything, please let me know. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for what you and Tommy are going through! You know I'm always here for you! If you need me, call me! Want to go on one of our walks??? You give me the word and I'll do what I can to get there! I love you!!

Tammy said...

Sorry this is a little late in coming but this is the first time I have checked your blog. I am so sorry about your loss! I cannot imagine the pain you must be going through, but I know you will make it because of how strong you are! God has a plan for everything, as you well know. All I can really say is that I will be praying for you!

Jody said...

Carol Leah,
I just found your blog through Kelly Keys' blog. Anyway, I am so sorry for your loss. I completely understand. I just lost our precious baby two weeks ago. I was 8 weeks along. We are doing better now. We will keep you in our prayers though - praying for another child.
Love,
Jody
www.jodysrosepetals.blogspot.com