One reason that I want to keep up with this blog is so that I can have an online journal to look back on and remember things. Not just about my son, but about life in general. I'm hoping that I can look back and see how much I've learned from my experiences. So, while it is nice to have people read your blog and comment, I guess I'm doing this more for myself than anything.
Anyway, I say all of that to say that I am going to post this list that I have been keeping in a word document. A list of milestones and things to remember, so far, from Little T's young life :).
So here you have it...
“Bird Mouth.” Birth-three months. When he got hungry he looked like a baby bird ready to eat. So sweet.
“Small Mouth.” Birth-three months. He used to purse his lips together all of the time; it looked like he wanted to try to whistle.
His hands were always moving as a new born.
“The Huff and Puff.” Six-Ten months. He would stick his lips out and crinkle his nose and blow in and out. Hilarious!
One time, when he was six months old, he was teething and I was rocking him. He was crying and crying so I started rubbing his back (because I had tried everything else). Apparently, it felt good to him because he got perfectly still and closed his eyes. After a little while, with tears still running down his cheeks, I heard these quiet little giggles when I would rub close to his side. Eventually he drifted off to sleep. It was one of the sweetest moments I have ever experienced.
When he was 9 months old he “found his tongue” again and stuck it out for almost three days straight.
“The Dog Bark” starting at 9 monthsish- He would make a low ewwww sound when he saw or heard a dog.
“Lion Roar” 10 months on. We would ask him what the Lion says and he would roar, with hand motions.
He started walking at eleven months.
Sang himself to sleep starting at about eleven months. He would make sweet sounds while laying in his crib for 20 minutes or so before drifting off.
First words at eleven months- “Bye-bye”, “Dad—dy” , “Uh-OOOOh”, “Ball”, “Hot Hot (when referring to biscuits, he loves him some biscuits!)
When he was 14 months old he pretended to take the Lord supper with a domino and a tray. He pretended the domino was the juice and he would “drink it” and then set it back on the tray…over and over again.
I pray that there are MANY more of these to add later!!
4 comments:
AWWW! CL! You have the best memories. Ok, my question is, did he do the Lord's Supper thing on his own, or were yall pretending together? I need you to tell me the story...OK? email me or IM me or something. :)
I really enjoyed reading these Carol Leah! How precious!
Sweet! This makes me a little sad however because most of these I didn't even know about. Sha Sha and T need to start spending more time together!!
I almost cried a little while reading the rubbing the back story! How sweet! I miss you too! We need to get together SOON!! :D
Post a Comment