Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Kisses for His Cute Little Mouth...
So, today was Little T's (hopefully) last appt with Doctor Keane, the oral surgeon. I know, you are probably asking yourself, why is a fifteen month old going to an oral surgeon?? Well, a couple of months ago Thomas had this white "spot/growth" show up behind his two front teeth. At first it came in like a tooth but then when you touched it, it was soft. Very weird. So we took him to his pediatrician, who sent us to a pediatric dentist, who sent us to the oral surgeon. All of which had the same reaction, "Um, hmmm, I don't...I don't know what it is." NEVER comforting to an already worried momma. So, the oral surgeon had decided that we needed to biopsy it. He was going to go in and take the whole thing out and send part of it off to find out what it was. This would mean T would have to have anesthetics (which scared me to death!) and then afterwards he would have stitches in his little mouth. I was devestated just thinking about the whole thing. They set the date for January 28th for the surgery and I was, of course, dreading it with a deep passion. Well, about a week before the date of the surgery he fell and hit his mouth on the floor and the "thing" (as we like to call it) bled really bad. At first, that scared me even more then I was already scared, but then after a couple of days I realized that it was starting to look better. On the 23rd we were suppose to go in for the pre-opp, to sign the papers for the surgery and all, so that morning I called and asked if we could see the oral surgeon before we signed any papers. We went in and saw him at 7:00 a.m. that morning and the oral sugeon agreed with me that it was looking much better. This made him think it might have been a cist that needed to pop or something like that. So, we postponed the surgery and he has been keeping an eye on it every since. Today, we were released because it is almost gone. We only have to go back if the "thing" comes back! I am beyond relieved. Thanks to everyone who has kept this in your prayers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It was so good to hear from you. Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Tell Tommy that I said hello. I am so glad to see that you all are doing well and I am definitely going to be keeping up with you guys through your blog.
Post a Comment