Monday, January 12, 2009

Prayers for a Broken Heart

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law, Daniel and Shawna Hatfield were expected a baby and were so thrilled after a 2 1/2 year journey to get pregnant. But, sadly, they lost the baby last week. (Shawna would have been 12 weeks along). They are devestated beyond words. So please make mention of them in your next prayer.

Shawna and I go way back. We met when I was 14 years old and we became instant best friends. We've been best friends for a long time and have gone through many, many things during this time. We eventually married brothers and became sisters, like we were always meant to be!! This is definitely the hardest thing that Shawna has had to face, and it breaks my heart to see her hurting. Our broken hearts when were teens were so much easier to cure...give us a fifth ave, dr. pepper, and some Alanis music to scream with and we were over it pretty fast. Sometimes I wish life was simplier like it was then. But then, I know that all things work together for good to them that love the Lord. This will get easier for her, I know. But just keep praying if you don't mind!! Fifth Ave and Doctor P isn't going to make this one go away.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this. Please let them know I am praying for them. I understand their heartache, as I know you do too.

Nancy Hood said...

Oh dear, I had no idea :( I am so, so sorry they are dealing with this. I know how close her family is and that family only became larger when she and Daniel married. I will surely add her to my prayer list~

Abbie said...

I know that your sis-in-law doesn't know me, but, Ben and I dealt with the same thing. We never experienced miscarriage, but it took us 2 1/2 years to get pregnant too. I would love to meet her if she feels up to it and I have an amazing dr to recommend. I don't want to push myself on anyone, but if I can help, please let me know.