Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Playing Catch Up!!

It has been FIVE months since I last posted! Going from mom-of-one to mom-of-two has taken up alot of my free time as you might imagine! But now that I'm getting the hang of it, maybe I can update this more often.

We have had a lot of major events during these last few months, so I'm going to try to play a little catch up in this blog post. It's very likely to be the longest blog post ever!

I'll start with the BIGGEST event. We welcomed a new little sweetie to our family. Levi Dean Hatfield was born on December 18, 2009. He weighed 7 lbs 10 ounces and was 18 1/2 inches long. He is the cutest, sweetest baby you will ever meet! (And i'm not biased or anything ;). I won't go into any detail of the birth story on this blog, because my next entry is going to be all about Levi's arrival :)!



Now, I'm going to go through some of the other big events that I haven't posted about yet. Basically picking up where my last blog entry left off.

Thomas' Third Birthday Party October 31, 2009
(We had a Birthday/Halloween Party for Thomas...He LOVED it!!)


(Opening presents)



(The kids at the party..all dressed in their Halloween costumes!)



Halloween 2009- My little Knight!

At the beginning of November, Thomas and I went with my mom to Atlanta for a few days. Mom was there on a business trip and Thomas and I tagged along. My mom spent most of the time in meetings so Thomas and I spent most of the time in the hotel room and the hotel indoor, heated pool. And then we would go out to eat with my mom in the evenings. It was a nice little get-away for us. It was just me and Thomas hanging out during the day with all of my focus totally on him...one last mommy/thomas trip before Levi arrived. One of my favorite moments was when Thomas and I decided to walk down the road to a Ruby Tuesdays to eat. It was just me and him eating lunch together at a restaurant and talking. Conversations with a three-year old are the most amusing!
Mom did have one afternoon with enough time for us to ride the Marta over to the Georgia Aquarium. It was awesome!! So many things to do and see. Thomas couldn't contain his excitement!! Here are some pictures....


Georgia Aquarium-November 2009





We spent Thanksgiving at my parents house, like we usually do. It was wonderful as usual! We ate lots of food, played games, watched shows. Mom, Clif, and I got to go to Greenville and see The Blind Side...which was an awesome movie!! It was a great weekend all around. Great family time!! I am blessed with the best family in the world!!
Thanksgiving 2009



Christmas time! We had a great Christmas. We had Christmas at my house this year since we had a one week old. It was a very different experience since I was very tired and still recovering from the C-section (and super emotional)..but I still enjoyed every second. I enjoyed time with my parents and brothers, watching Thomas tear into his presents, getting to know Levi because he was still so little, and time with the Hatfield side of the family! It was a great Christmas and yes, I do remember most of it even though I was drugged up ;).

Christmas Eve 2009
(all of the fam at our house for our Christmas Eve traditions..dinner, Muppet Christmas Carol, and then open one present. We were blessed to have our friends Tony Davison and his Mom, Lou, join us for the festivities!)


(Thomas and Daddy watching The Muppet Christmas Carol)





(Christmas Morning! Thomas opening his Batcave..his big present this year!)



(Levi slept through Christmas...lol)


Christmas 2009
Well I think that about gets us caught up! Stay tuned for Levi's birth story..and also some snow pics from february! So I guess really I should end this post with....
TO BE CONTINUED...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You have a sweet family! Here's my blog...

http://agirlinherkitchen.blogspot.com

and here's one I really like...

http://triciarennea.blogspot.com/

Sandy said...

Look forward to reading your blog! Here's mine!

www.sandy-thethompsons.blogspot.com