Monday, October 26, 2009

October fun!

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October." - Nathaniel Hawthorne

I love fall!! I love the cool air (that we sometimes get down here), I love the colors. I love college football. I love Halloween. I love that the holidays are just around the corner!

Having a child just makes fall even more fun. It's like living your childhood again through them and their excitement. This weekend is one of the reasons I love this time of year so much. We had a full and extremely fun-filled weekend!

Friday night we went to the Boy Scout Troop 16 "Pumpkin Patch" to pick out a pumpkin. Thomas was going crazy trying to pick out a pumpkin! He was so excited he could barely be still for a picture..but luckily we did get this one good shot!


Saturday (after a morning full of yard work and housecleaning) we went to the 7th annual Estabrook pumpkin carving! Our friends Jim and Hope (Jim works with Tommy at AP) host a pumpkin carving every year at their house. We bring our pumpkins, carve them how we want to, enjoy some fun with friends, and then eat yummy chilli and enjoy Hope's incredible desserts. We go home full, sleepy, and happy :). This year was super fun because Thomas was very into the actual carving of the pumpkins. He helped clean out the "yucky" as he called it. Here are some pics from the event...

(My hubby is an awesome pumpkin carver)


("Ewwww")



(Thomas was proud of this little pumpkin. He and my mom ("memaw"), grew this pumpkin in her garden. He helped her plant the seeds!) It was a perfect little pumpkin. We put glow in the dark stickers on it and it's on our porch now!)



(Family photo with all of our pumpkins-Pumpkin Carving 2009 )



(I made this collage. These are pics of four of the six years that we have gone to the Pumpkin Carving 2006-2009. I'm pregnant in two out of four of the pics..lol.)


And then on Sunday we went to Dalraida for their Trunk or Treat! We had such a blast. We went to evening services, then ate some pizza and fellowshipped with fellow Christians, and then the kids put on their costumes. Thomas was elmo as you can see in the pics below. He was proud of his costume and walked around showing off. They had a costume contest, hay rides, a dunking booth, fun little games, and a bouncy thing that Thomas absolutely loved! He also racked up on candy from "trunk or treating." Our friends from church in Highland came with us. We all had a blast!

(My little elmo!)



(Thomas with his church buddy, Ava)




(trunk or treating!)



What a fun weekend!! I didn't realize how exhausted I was until I tried to get up this morning! T and I decided to stay in bed and watch some cartoons this morning to catch up on a little rest. We still have some huge events coming up! Thomas' birthday is tomorrow..I'll blog more about that tomorrow night!


(don't forget to check out the blog that I posted before this one..this is blog 2 for today! Can you believe it!)

No comments: