I thought I knew pain, and then yesturday I found out what physical pain really is. About one o'clock yesturday afternoon I had a horrible pain hit me out of the blue! I called Tommy and told him something was wrong. Then called my mom and she came and got Thomas and Tommy took me to the ER. I got to the ER and, of course, there were no open rooms and so I was stuck in the lobby pacing, because it hurt worse to sit down. I was in tears, I was throwing up, I told Tommy that I was dying.
Turns out I have kidney stones. The worst pain I've ever felt. It reminded me alot of labor pains, and I dare say, it might have even been worse than that. They gave me Morphine and that worked for a little while, but eventually the pain was back. I'm home now, with perscription pain meds, and after the longest night of my life (more pain, throwing up, and tears), and then sleeping ALL day today, I am finally feeling better. So for anyone who has gone through kidney stones, I have a new found empathy for you. And for those of you that haven't ever had them, I hope that you never have to experience it!!!
3 comments:
Yikes!!! I'm so sorry! I hope they can make those mean old stones go away. I've seen kidney stones make grown men cry like babies- no fun at all.
Take care of yourself!
Trudy :)
OWEE! I agree with you, I hope I never get then. I'm glad you are feeling better though.
Hope you're feeling better! Btw, check out my newest blog...TAG!
Post a Comment